A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering degree, or similar
- Professional registration (CPEng or RPEng, and RPEQ) or be in the process of obtaining
- Five to ten years of experience in water infrastructure planning, with demonstrated detailed understanding of at least one type of water infrastructure (sewerage, water supply, dams, drainage, flooding)
- Understanding of water in the context of other infrastructure projects Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulatory standards, codes of practice and guidelines, hydraulic analysis software and engineering analysis methodologies
- Appreciation of emerging trends, long term thinking and systems approaches
- Open minded, collaborative, flexible working style
- Experience and skills in verbal and written communication and reporting, including client facing activities
About the role
The key focus of this role is to provide support on projects requiring water engineering expertise, including strategic advisory work, feasibility planning, design advice and construction phase support for E&R within the Transport and Resources consulting projects in our Brisbane team.
In this role you will:
- Use your water engineering expertise to support a range of projects related to water resources, integrated water management, water sensitive urban design, urban water and sewer networks, site development, pumped hydro energy schemes and similar work. You will provide investigatory and planning services, design advice and construction phase support; with a primary focus on strategic advisory work.
- Work under moderate to minimum supervision supporting internal and external clients, as activity lead or sub-project manager as appropriate. This includes authoring proposals, letters and reports; liaising with clients and delivering presentations; and managing budget, timeframes and deliverables.
- Be responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of others’ work. Furthermore, you may be responsible for the development of others through providing guidance, training and feedback.
- Participate in internal initiatives and activities such as Arup’s digital transformation and the water skills network; participate externally in relevant industry events; and exercise your networking skills to raise the profile of Arup’s water business and develop opportunities.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.