Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines pty ltd (KCGM) is seeking an experienced Senior Planning and Projects Engineer
to join the Underground Operations at Mt Charlotte Underground mine in Kalgoorlie.
Reporting to the Underground Mine Manager, this residential role will manage the delivery of quality underground planning, and oversee the development and implementation of all operational and capital project activities, as per the department plans.
This is a residential role on a 5:2/4:3 roster, working 9.5 hour days.
Key Accountabilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead by example, understand and incorporate the safety systems, safety culture action plan and safety processes to protect the human and equipment resources in the design, planning and scheduling of the UG mining operations.
- Contribute to the recruitment process of culturally fit and competent employees to build a diverse and highly capable UG technical production team that demonstrates inclusive, safe and productive behaviour to achieve the UG Operational Plan.
About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
- Generate strategic plans, LOM plans and operating/capital/manpower budgets to ensure continual development of Mt Charlotte and an increase in production efficiency to a level of detail which supports the UG mining operations ability to execute mining activities to expectations.
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world's richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.RequirementsEssential
- A tertiary qualification (minimum degree level) in Mine Engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of seven years hard rock underground mining experience including experience with multi-mining method deposits
- A minimum of one year experience in a similar role with exposure to budget LOM plan generation including cost forecasting, capital expenditure generation and fleet / manning requirements
- Ability to use integrated management systems, spreadsheet applications, word processing, mine planning and production software including Vulcan and Deswik and presentation programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and review strategic mining plans
- Experience in generating technical reports for budgetary, legislative, feasibility and capital approval purposes
- Experience in project evaluation and economic assessment for capital projects and continuous improvement opportunities
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to think strategically and commercially, approach solutions creatively and consider site wide impacts and opportunities
- Must reside within the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate for our residential opportunity
- National Police Clearance less than twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian "C" Class Drivers Licence.
BenefitsWhy work for us?
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency or ability to acquire
- Experience in a similarly sized operation at a supervisory level with exposure to leading and coaching a team in safe production and planning in a hard rock mining.
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.