Uncover a Golden Opportunity with KCGM
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking a Graduate Mining Engineer
to join the Mining Underground team, supporting the Mt Charlotte operation in Kalgoorlie.
This residential role is responsible for assisting in the provision of a variety of services pertaining to the Mt Charlotte operation, and will include the successful candidate rotating throughout the teams responsible for the scheduling and implementation of ventilation, short term drilling, blasting and ancillary mine plans, helping to achieve the operational plan in a safe and cost effective manner.
This Graduate Programme is a two year fixed term opportunity.About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world's richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.RequirementsEssential
- A degree in Mining Engineering
- Minimum six months experience in a mining role, ideally within Underground Mine Engineering
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated understanding of Western Australian Mine Regulations
- Proficient use of the Microsoft suite of software packages
- Excellent personal organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organisation
- Must reside locally in the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate to Kalgoorlie
- Unencumbered WA "C" Class Manual Drivers' License.
BenefitsWhy work for us?
- Exposure in the use of general mining software packages e.g.: Vulcan, Deswik
- Experience in the operation of various underground mobile plant
- Experience with underground ventilation systems highly regarded
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages and health allowance contributions. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.