From humble beginnings almost 70 years ago, John Holland has been driving positive change in Australia, and is now one of the nation’s leading infrastructure and property companies. We work in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia offering services from infrastructure and property development, to rail and building. By finding solutions to complex challenges, we transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
As part of our ongoing project delivery and tendering, we are looking for an experienced Tunnelling Engineers (TBM, Road Header, Drill & Blast) for opportunities in NSW, Victoria and QLD. These opportunities are based in both pre-contracts and delivery.
Key responsibilities within the role include;
• Coordination and management of construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are delivered safely according to procedure, design, specification and cost.
• Assist and develop construction budgets and reporting for both time and financial metrics, monitoring construction progress accordingly.
• Interpret designs and apply ‘constructability’, continually improving existing design and its implementation on site, reviewing for accuracy and adherence to required standards, contractual obligations and legislation.
• Demonstrate commercial awareness in all activities, applying sound financial management and commercial acumen in the decision-making process.
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes.
• Demonstrate sound people leadership skills by managing work and performance of subcontractors and suppliers effectively and timely and build strong working relationships with the Supervisory team.
• Utilise effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource time management.
To be considered you will have:
• 5+ years' experience in a similar role delivering of major tunnelling infrastructure projects.
• Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Construction Management are essential.
• Exposure to Tunnel temporary and permanent works design and construction with demonstrable experience in delivering TBM, Road Header and/or Drill & Blast and associated works including shotcrete, piling and excavation.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively to drive positive outcomes with key stakeholders
• Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
John Holland is up for the challenge of transforming lives.
From Parliament House to the Alice to Darwin Rail Link, from the MCG’s Great Southern Stand to Sydney Metro, we’ve had a hand in the Australia we all know today. We are currently involved in delivering many of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects, as well as significant property and urban renewal projects. Whatever we face, the heart of what we do is creating people-centred solutions to complex challenges and opportunities. We think deeply about what we do and how it affects communities. We push boundaries and innovate, gain trust through our actions and whatever the project, we’re in it for the long, long term.
We work hard to attract and retain the best employees, and we provide opportunities for rich career experiences, and a strong framework for on-going career development.
We are committed to building, valuing and promoting diversity and inclusiveness across John Holland.
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime