With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
Due to the continuous success of our Australian Rail Business, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Traction Power Engineer
to join our renowned VIC Rail team in the Melbourne office. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of Rail engineering professionals to undertake traction power design, system modelling and analysis, spanning local, interstate and international DC & AC networks.The Opportunity:
What we'll love about you:
- To work with Rail clients to plan, detail and model traction power solutions to enable them to strategically invest for future rail assets and to enable them to deliver best for value outcomes
- Work collaboratively within an established and diverse Traction Power Team, which is an industry recognised leader in the field
- To work on complex jobs assisting clients throughout entire asset lifecycles
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Degree qualified Electrical Engineer
- HV Electrical Engineer, preferably with specialisation in Traction Power Design, with experience working in a consulting environment
- Very good analytical skills and strong communication skills
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Preferably have power system modelling experience, e.g. OPN and DIgSILENT
- Experience in the design of HV substations, including production of required drawings, documentation and calculations. This will include single line diagrams, layout plans, cable and equipment sizing, fault level and load flow calculations, harmonic analysis, fault loop impedance and voltage drop calculations
- Earthing and bonding experience, preferably in a rail environment
- Knowledge in power system protection is an advantage
- Knowledge of the effects of DC stray current corrosion and EMI/EMC, and their appropriate mitigation measures is an advantage
- Knowledge of other rail systems which interface with traction power is preferable (e.g. OHW, Signalling, Track, LV services)
- Established or approaching Chartered Engineer status
- This role is strategically important to our future growth and impact. We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who is consultative, able to prioritise their work and get things done. The successful candidate will be a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders including influencing senior leaders.
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.What we will offer you:
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.