Who We Are:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Test and Evaluation (T&E) Manager to support the delivery of complex systems within Defence. The Test and Evaluation (T&E) Manager is responsible for assisting the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) with all test and evaluation aspects of the Project.
- Developing and implementing the T&E framework for the project, consistent with the Interim Defence Test and Evaluation Manual (IDTEM) requirements.
- Establishing, coordinating and leading the project T&E Working Group (TEWG) with applicable stakeholders to develop appropriate T&E requirements for the capabilities.
- Developing and updating the ‘Project Header’ Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) in support of respective Committee Reviews and Gates, and Government Approvals, as the project progresses through the Capability Life Cycle (CLC).
- Developing and/or assisting the development of TEMP Enclosures for specific capabilities being procured across the Capability Elements and Project Tranches.
- Ensuring standardisation across all test plans and related T&E activities.
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team (IPT) and Capability Boards through the provision of Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice on T&E matters.
- Leading the planning, conducting and reporting of trials in support of Preview T&E activities, to inform capability and procurement decisions.
- Supporting the planning, conducting, reporting and coordinating of Strategic Partner-led Acceptance T&E activities; and Capability Manager-led Operational T&E activities across all Capability Elements.
- Supporting the PEM and Integrated Project Manager (IPM) through the provision of timely advice pertaining to funding, schedule and risk associated with T&E activities.
- Contributing to the development of project-level planning tools such as the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Supporting commercial procurement activities including the collaborative development of Statement of Work(s) (SOW) with Strategic Partners/industry.
Essential Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science.
- High-level of understanding of T&E fundamentals, scoping and planning considerations, test methodologies, and test integrity and safety management across T&E phases including Preview T&E, Developmental T&E, Acceptance T&E and Operational T&E.
- Experience in the T&E domain on major capital acquisition projects in the Defence context.
- Experience with the Defence Strategic Framework, Defence Capability Life Cycle, IDTEM and the related governance requirements.
Desirable Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Member of a relevant Professional Body / Technical Society (e.g. Engineers Australia).
- Qualified T&E Practitioner with any formal qualification.
- Experience as a T&E Manager on a major capital acquisition project in the Defence context.
- Experience in T&E on software and ICT related products, including Cyber T&E.
- Understanding of JC2 systems, strategic networks, tactical networks, and ICT organisations within the ADF (fixed and deployed domains) in the Joint Force operational environments.
- Understanding of the Defence Security Principles Framework, Public Key Infrastructure, and cyber worthiness principles.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, software development methodologies (such as Agile and Dev Ops), test and evaluation in development operations, ICT governance frameworks and maintenance and operations environments.
- Tertiary undergraduate degree (Mandatory),
- Tertiary postgraduate degree (desirable),
- Relevant Certifications
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Leave Purchases
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums)
Candidates must be Australian citizens, ideally with a minimum NV1 security clearance, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Apply today or contact Recruitment Team on email@example.com for further details.
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).