- Opportunity to work on top-tier projects
- Flexible working culture with supportive working from home environment
- Join our growing geo-environmental group
With approximately 6,100 employees across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower.
We have recently joined forces with Golder, making WSP the largest environmental consulting firm globally, with over 14,000 environment professionals. Together, we can accelerate our global Environmental, Social & Governance vision, and make an impact on our built and natural environment.The Opportunity
WSP and Golder coming together has strengthened our capability and is enabling like-minded professionals to collaborate more easily; better leveraging technology and accessing a broader client base.
Due to the ongoing success of our National operations, our Geo-environmental Engineering team have a need for additional capability to join our dynamic Melbourne office as we begin our journey strategizing and gearing up for delivery of projects across the civil, infrastructure and mining sectors.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Executive
- Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical Engineering to join us on our growth journey. What you will do
What we will love about you
- Lead the delivery of complex and challenging projects related to geo-environmental engineering, waste management, mining, hazardous dams, and other multidisciplinary engineering works throughout Victoria and interstate;
- Leading and supporting the development of technical documents (reports, specifications, drawings) for key clients throughout various project execution phases (concept, pre-feasibility, feasibility, detailed design, construction, operation, and decommissioning);
- Ensure technical delivery of projects, including risk and quality management
- Undertaking project management to deliver desired outcomes for key clients with a focus on repeat business;
- Mentoring a team of exceptional junior engineers who thrive in the shared responsibility for project delivery
- Supporting operation management to develop and execute strategies to achieve shared goals;
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, as well as 10+ years relevant experience within a consulting firm or similar;
- Strong civil design experience in related areas such as geosynthetics, embankments and earthworks, surface water management;
- Excellent written and communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate advice to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences;
- Financially competent with regards to project costs with strong project management capabilities
- Highly motivated, innovative and committed to technical excellence through project execution and the ability to integrate into multidisciplinary projects;
- Demonstrated project ownership, decision making and mentoring skills to enable development of junior engineers.
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.