At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers' most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.Job DescriptionYour New Role
As the Project Services Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Engineering Team Leader you will be responsible for managing a team of multi-disciplined ICT engineers to design, build and execute technical ICT solutions through the project delivery lifecycle.
You will support the ICT Engineering Manager in resource planning, establishing and maintaining design and delivery baselines and attending formal and informal engineering reviews for complex technical ICT solutions within the Centralised Processing environments. Your team management responsibilities include:
Your technical responsibilities will include:
- setting team and individual staff deliverables in partnership with the Engineering Manager;
- managing the performance cycle by providing timely feedback, mentoring and coaching;
- overseeing work flows and leveraging support from other teams where necessary;
- acting as the first point of contact for your team for matters including annual leave, resource planning, career planning and training requests;
- collaborating with other technical Team Leads, Project Managers and internal stakeholders to ensure the team is on track to achieve engineering goals.
QualificationsAbout You and What You'll Bring
- In partnership with the Engineering Manager, manage engineering resources to meet the dynamic project delivery needs of the Project Services department within the Defence Centralised Process (CP) environments.
- Assist with estimation and scoping Rough Order of Magnitudes (ROMs), Proposals and Quick Turn-around Proposals (QTPs) for ICT solutions for Defence.
- Review work breakdown structures, technical execution and verification and validation plans for projects in delivery.
- Provide engineering oversight and governance ensuring compliance with Leidos' and Defence's engineering standards.
As the ICT Engineering Team Leader you will have considerable experience managing engineering teams who deliver ICT solutions within a defence environment. Your experience has given you strong management skills, including resource management, but also a passion for coaching and development with a view to building high performing teams. You are 'au fait' with defence technical regulations frameworks and can apply a broad range of technologies including, but not limited to end user computing, applications, databases, virtualisation, hardware and software, infrastructure systems, high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) solutions.
You will hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience in engineering or a related discipline. Already hold a Baseline security clearance and have the ability to obtain NV1 or higher. Your personal and professional attributes will include strong leadership and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
The following are highly regarded:
- Familiar working within Defence Technical Regulation frameworks.
- Have worked for a System Integrator, ICT Managed Services Provider or Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) organisation.
- Technology subject matter expertise would be advantageous, experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) or other cloud service offerings would be desirable.
At Leidos, we've built our business on the ability to Redefine Possible and the same applies to your career. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.