This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager of Aviation Maintenance to join our team at Holsworthy supporting the most advanced tactical troop transport helicopter of the 21st Century: the Multi-Role Helicopter (MRH90).
Being a Team Lead of Maintenance you will work as part of the Airbus MRH90 Rotary Wing Part 145 Maintenance Organisation (MO) and will be responsible for directly leading maintenance teams in delivering contracted maintenance outcomes at Holsworthy.
About the role
As a Team Lead of Maintenance you can anticipate some of your day-to-day activities to include:
- Lead a high performing maintenance team in a dynamic and demanding environment;
- Controlling the delivery of maintenance activities ensuring personnel are enabled to execute maintenance;
- Support the Manager Holsworthy Maintenance in ensuring the maintenance capability achieves contracted outcomes in support of the customer;
- Liaise directly with internal and external stakeholders on the status and performance of maintenance;
- Managing and developing gap resolution strategies for issues; and
- Championing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
The skills and experience best suited to this role:
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction, balancing best practices with contractual/service requirements
- Capable of enforcing maintenance control processes for AAP's business in compliance with corporate / regulatory standards
- Ability to resolve service issues, with strong analytical, and strategic problem-solving skills
- Strong customer-service mindset toward internal stakeholders
- Ability to clear road-blocks to empower and enable the team to deliver on their accountabilities and be a voice for the maintenance team
- Strong leadership skills, including a proven ability to build, motivate and lead an innovative, high performing team and positive culture; underpinned by a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build long-lasting, collaborative relationships with peers
- A forthright, confident, and open communicator with the ability to convey messages clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
What's on offer:
Here at Airbus Australia Pacific we offer dynamic and diverse roles as well as a friendly place to work! Some benefits you can expect:
- Professional development opportunities and training plans aligned to support your career progression.
- Salary Packaging - including salary sacrifice and novated leases.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Options for flexible working arrangements.
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community.
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
More about Airbus in Australia Pacific
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, and is one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus in Australia Pacific is the region's largest helicopter manufacturer, employing more than 1750 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
Application Closing Date: 18 August 2019