About the opportunity:
Nova Systems is currently seeking expressions of interest from Systems Safety Engineers, from junior to senior levels, to join our Canberra team. You will provide systems safety engineering consultancy services to Nova's clients supporting several Defence Programs such as Aerospace, Land, Maritime and Communications.
What you will be involved in:
- Systems Engineering and Safety Engineering;
- Applying system safety analytical techniques for Haz ID and Hazard Analysis via methods including HAZOPS, Functional Hazard Analysis, FTA/ETA + Bow-Tie, FMECA;
- Either as the Safety Lead, or in conjunction with, facilitate the operation of the Safety Working Group to gain stakeholder input and endorsement of safety hazards and classification through to risk retention;
- Ensuring the system level engineering safety analysis correctly reflects the systems as designed, implemented and operated;
- Working as part of the safety team to ensure the safety activities are integrated with the broader systems engineering programs;
- Reviewing vendor safety document deliveries to ensure safety hazards are appropriate and mitigated so far as reasonably practical, to a level acceptable to the customer.
What we would like from you:
- Engineering degree (Aerospace, Electronics/Electrical, Mechanical/Mechatronic, Systems Engineering or other relevant engineering field);
- Experience actively working in System Safety Engineering in major projects;
- Australian Citizen with a current or recently suspended AGSVA clearance;
- Between 3-10 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding and experience with MIL-STD-882C/D/E or comparable safety engineering standards tasks, requirements and key outputs;
- Experience within Defence Land or Aerospace materiel systems also highly regarded;
- Independent Safety Assessment experience;
- Good understanding of software safety and human factors engineering, mechanical / electrical systems technologies and/or explosive ordnance systems within a Defence environment;
- Able to produce high quality solutions and effective document deliverables to required project time frames.
What it’s like to work with us:
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the professional networks and corporate support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Serena in our internal talent team on (08) 8252 7100.
No recruitment agencies please.