Systems Safety EngineerThe Company
Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR) is a leading Defence and Government professional services provider. KBR Australia has been engaged in working with Defence and Defence Industry for over 20 years and has core competencies in program and project management, engineering, asset management, integrated logistics support, procurement and training solutions, and provides in-depth expertise to a wide range of projects within the Defence sector.The Role
This role will see you deliver in System project and will equip the Australian Defence Force with next-generation weapon systems, comprising the weapon platform, surveillance and target acquisitions ancillaries, ammunitions, facilities and training and support systems. Ideally you will facilitate and oversee the Safety related aspects of the Program from a Technical perspective.
Systems and Software Engineer - Safety Management is required to facilitate and oversee the safety related aspects of the Program from a technical perspective. The Engineer will also be required to provide safety related advice to the Program and produce, update and review System safety documentation.
Additionallythis role willprovide guidance, mentoring and assistance to more junior team members as required.Required Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
Benefits of KBR
- Degree qualified, Systems Safety Engineer or similar
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute Systems Engineering Management Plans
- Hands-on experience in configuration management practice
- Working knowledge of ASDEFCON Contracting framework (above and/or below the line)
- Systems and Software Engineer - Safety Management is required to facilitate and oversee the safety related aspects of the Program from a technical perspective.
- Safety Engineer will also be required to provide safety related advice to the Program and produce, update and review Lethality
System safety documentation.
- Experience in risk management
- Australian Citizen witha current AGSVA clearance or the ability to obtain one
KBR is committed to supporting the professional development of staff at every stage of their career through in-house training, performance rewards and structured career paths. We offer a competitive package of lifestyle benefits that include family-friendly work hours. KBR is a quality assured equal opportunity employer.