We are seeking expressions of interest from applicants for future employment opportunities with our Nova Systems business. As a Systems Engineering Consultant you could be working across a range of Defence and Commercial projects, supporting both domestic and national projects of significance.
These projects could include but are not limited to the following programs;
- Energy and Resources;
- Land and Emergency Services.
If you have Engineering experience in one or more of these disciplines, then you are the person we would like to speak with;
- Systems Engineering;
- Safety Engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Electronic/Electrical Engineering;
- Mechatronic Engineering;
- Test and Evaluation;
- Communications Engineering;
- Combat Systems Engineering;
- Software Integration and Assurance.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Defining requirements and developing operational concept documents;
- Capability gap analysis and the development of solution option papers;
- Design Development management and Systems Integration support;
- Supporting Test and Evaluation, and Verification and Validation programs;
- Supporting System Safety programs;
- Project management within the engineering scope of large complex projects;
- Working on bids and tenders;
- Mentoring and developing clients and fellow Novan’s;
- Continually honing your skills and growing your knowledge though our enviable professional development program.
What we would like from you:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (recognised in Australia by Engineers Australia, if from overseas);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a complex engineering and project environment;
- Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain an AGSVA clearance;
- Prepared to relocate to Adelaide;
- Previous Defence engineering would be highly regarded;
- Previous CASG (DMO), CDG or SPO experience would be highly regarded;
- Have a passion for consulting;
- Motivated with a solution focused approach to problem solving with strong interpersonal skills;
- Familiar with Defence Tech Regulations highly regarded;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent client management/stakeholder engagement skills;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Be a dedicated, resilient and self-starting character;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence;
- Able to influence and guide demanding clients with challenging problems;
- Adaptable to working across different environments, industries and regulatory frameworks;
- Excellent time management skills and habits;
- Committed to delivering good outcomes for the client and the community;
- A willingness to work on Defence projects;
- Curiosity, a desire to learn and a sense of humour.
What it’s like to work with us:
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button submitting your resume (only).
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Serena in our internal Talent Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.