We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.About the Role
Thales Airspace Mobility Solutions business provides their expertise to design and supply air surveillance solutions & services across Australia and world-wide. The Systems Engineering Manager will manage a multi-skilled team of engineers specialized in safety, validation & verification, software and system integration to provide on time delivery of an advanced air surveillance solution.
The Airspace Mobility Solutions division is a dynamic solutions business, integrating management of air traffic and airspace services to seamlessly manage airborne and ground-based functions safely, economically and efficiently. This position sits within a dynamic team of motivated and innovative multi-skilled professionals. Giving you the opportunity to lead a diverse team of system, safety, software specialists as well as hardware and deployment engineers to provide on time delivery of solution and cost estimation for systems and products for ATC projects across multiple platforms.
The enterprising aerospace industry will provide opportunities to be entrenched in innovative products and solutions for expedition growth. As a Systems Engineering Manager, you are accountable for:
How About You:
- Managing of all of the engineering (research), design, development and integration activity within the project, ensuring all key commitments are met (Scope, Cost, Quality, Schedule, Risk)
- Provide direction, expert advice, mentoring, and workflow management (including task prioritisation and resource coordination) in support of achieving project objectives and milestones
- Lead a multi-skilled team of engineers to deliver engineering services and support across multiple platforms, aligning team capability to meet customer expectations
- Provide guidance to technical teams with regard to integration, technical and configuration matters aligned to the agreed architecture, to ensure effectiveness whilst meeting customer requirements
- Optimise technical work, focusing on the efficiency of project execution (structure, roles, interfaces), organising system engineering reviews and participating in those of lower-level solution elements, from design to validation and acceptance
- Define and apply the system development cycle and the process, practices and tools applicable to the project
- Identify/Review risks, and propose effective solutions; execute mitigation actions and report on outcomes / cost savings and residual risks
- Participate in technical reviews, workshops, peer reviews and project reviews as appropriate for the program
- Produce/Review Engineering Cost estimates for any modification proposals to the functional baseline in the context of projects/bids
- Experience on Safety engineering
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or other relevant qualification
- Solid experience of managing the development of real time and distributed systems in Rail, Traffic, Marine, Aviation or other safety critical discipline
- Experience of leading multi-skilled engineering teams within a matrix environment
- Experience in total life cycle of complex software development, including processes and responsibilities at each stage in the cycle
- In depth understanding of Systems Engineering processes
- Understanding of Earned Value Management, Work Package Control and reporting, with exposure to scheduling tools (MS Project, Primavera etc.)
- Financial / budgetary management of engineering work packages or tasks
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders across a complex environment.
- Desirable experience on Air surveillance solutions development or integration
If this sounds like you we would like to hear about your skills and experiences relevant to the position.Good to Know
You'll get an email acknowledgement after you've applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180. com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.