We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.About Your Role
The Systems Engineering Manager will work & lead other Systems Engineers to devise, develop and maintain reliable and economically viable solutions to meet the needs of our customers on the rail projects.
How About You?
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, develop schedule and cost estimates and risk identification for the project definition and implementation.
- In conjunction with the Project Design Authority sets out the baseline solution in the form of a Solution Orientation Review.
- Be responsible for setting up the engineering program (plan, deliver, monitor) to deliver projects, work packages and bids.
- Be responsible for requirements elicitation, analysis and development for new proposals and resulting from Engineering Change Proposals
- Be responsible for development of product specifications, detailed design documentation and engineering management plans.
- In conjunction with the Solution Architect, and Project Design Authority, develop comprehensive architecture designs for end-to-end solutions.
- Be responsible for planning the implementation of the design of the end-to-end solution during the delivery stage.
- Lead engineers and teams in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of tasks and engineering processes.
Good to Know
- Tertiary engineering qualification
- Eligible for recognition by Engineers Australia (IEAust)
- Experience in managing/leading Systems Engineering Activities
- Experience in Systems Engineering
- Previous experience of working on Transport projects is highly regarded
You'll get an email acknowledgement after you've applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.