DescriptionPossible drives us at Northrop Grumman
It'sat the heart of everything we do - compelling us to solve the challengesbetween space and below the waves. Working together with people from manybackgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push theboundaries of advancement through science, technology and engineering.
Due to recent announcements by the Australiangovernment to substantially invest in space technology; Northrop Grumman ispositioning itself to align our strong heritage and legacy in space programstowards this significant body of future work. As part of our strategy, we areseeking the expertise of an experienced and suitably qualified Systems Engineer Integration & Test Lead
to assistin the establishment and delivery efforts of the ground systems project basedin Brisbane.
The Systems Engineer Integration & Test Lead
will work with the engineering team to manage system technicalrequirements and performance, vertical (within an IPT) and horizontal (across IPTs) technicalintegration, maintain the technical baseline and lead front end mission engineering activitieswith business development and customers. You role will be required to manage complex systems design, conductdomestic and international travel and work closely with other technical peoplefrom peer SATCOM system segments.
You will besupported by experienced Australian and US team members and will have theopportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry indelivering a critical capability to the Defence of Australia and its interests.Key duties and responsibilities, but not limitedto:
QualificationsQualifications & Experience:
- Define, and document requirements using requirements analysis tools and validate requirements using system modelling tools;
- Develop and manage system integration strategies, interface requirements, validation of test requirements, and identification of limitations / constraints;
- Develop design components and conduct functional and physical decomposition;
- Review, contribute to, and/or lead, gate reviews (internal and external);
- Contribute to hardware, software and ICT designs;
- Establish sound V&V strategies and approaches;
- Collaborate with Solution Architects, Hardware Engineers, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Project Managers, Engineering Managers, Risk Managers and Configuration Managers;
- Mentor junior systems engineers and other technical staff on Systems Engineering
DesiredQualifications & Experience:
- Formal engineering qualifications in a related technical discipline;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use holistic, systems thinking;
- Working experience in an ASDEFCON complex project environment;
- Must be an Australian citizen able to obtain and maintain a Defence Security clearance (NV1)
- Certified INCOSE CSEP or Certified OMG OCSMP Model Builder;
- Experience with the INCOSE system engineering methodology;
- Knowledge and working experience with MBSE tooling including Cameo Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Architect or Rhapsody;
- Knowledge and working experience of Requirements and Test management tools, especially DOORS, and HP ALM.
As we continue to grow as a company, we remaincommitted to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversityand becoming an ideal corporate citizen. We do so by implementing our corevalues: taking responsibility for the Quality
we put forth,delivering Customer satisfaction
, demonstrating Leadership
as a company and as individuals, acting withIntegrity
in all we do, valuing our People
, and regarding our Suppliers
asessential team members. We focus on Safety
- We work toprotect the health and well-being of our employees and to provide our customerswith high-quality, reliable and safe products. We are committed to safeoperations and are diligent in our safety practices and processes.What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support - further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft.
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave.
- Salary packaging including novated car leases.
- Generous parental leave entitlements.
- WellbeiNG Program.
- Employee Incentive Program.
- Employee Discount Program.
As a Defence security clearance isrequired for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. InternationalTraffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality maybe a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
NorthropGrumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, andencourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply andconsider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal andTorres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.