AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: No
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: AU-Protected (Baseline)
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the TimeDescription
At Northrop Grumman
, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
It's only impossible - until you do it at Northrop Grumman
Wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there. We solve the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defence and cyberspace and have supported critical defence and civil programs in Australia for over 20 years.
Backed by Northrop Grumman's world class capabilities, we solve our customers' most challenging problems across space, aeronautics and mission critical systems in commitment to Australia's future.
In 2017, Northrop Grumman Australia was awarded a contract to perform the acquisition, construction and support of the second satellite ground station in the east of Australia. The contract will also deliver an integrated wideband SATCOM network management system to improve robustness, capacity and efficiency of the ADF SATCOM capability.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer (Requirements) who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the system requirements baselines using the requirements management tool DOORs.Key duties & responsibilities:
Why Northrop Grumman?
- Maintain requirements baselines and manage changes, using the requirements management tool DOORs;
- Assist in the development and management of the Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM);
- Working closely with the Senior Systems Engineer you will provide systems engineering support to the project, including:
- Perform systems analysis and design on assigned areas;
- Conduct and document technical trade studies;
- Provide Systems Engineering support to the Integration and Test teams as required;
- Write engineering and analysis papers and reports;
- Review and/or contribute to technical reviews, gate reviews (internal and external), test documentation, analysis papers and design documentation;
- Collaborate with project staff to achieve outcomes;
As an integral part of the Australian team, you will receive professional development and a comprehensive benefits package. Furthermore, you will be joining an inclusive work environment built on innovation and respect, supported by the highest ethical standards.
Our Values represent what is important to us at Northrop Grumman and are integrated into all aspects of our employee experience:
What do we offer in return?
- We do the right thing
- We do what we promise
- We commit to shared success
- We pioneer
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional Development Support - further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous parental leave entitlements
- WellbeiNG Program
- Employee Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Bachelor of Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and working experience of requirements management tools (DOORs preferred)
- Well-developed written, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Must be an Australian citizen with a current Baseline Security clearance who is willing and able to obtain a Negative Vetting 1.
- Qualifications or training in Systems Engineering
- Experience in the conduct of Systems Engineering for Projects
- Experience working with teams over disparate locations
- Experience working in a Defence complex project environment
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.