- Brisbane based Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Position will be based in Carole Park with some travel to sites required
An excellent opportunity is now available to be part of an innovative and exciting project to establish Electronic Warfare training ranges in Australia to support the ADF. The Mobile Radar System Engineer will work within the Mobile Threat Training Emitter System (MTTES) team.
In this role, you will be part of a team delivering operational equipment within a well-defined scope to deliver a robust technical solution for security accreditation supporting radar, radio & mobile communications, command, control and network systems. Reporting to the Mobile Radar System Engineering Lead, the successful applicant will provide professional engineering services including analysis, evaluation, design, procurement, implementation, integration, installation, test and support of complex systems / sub-systems.Key Responsibilities
Skills, Experiences and Qualifications
- Work within a small team on radar, communications, command, control and network systems with domestic and international partners across a wide variety of systems and technologies including;
- 2D and 3D Early warning radars
- Target engagement radars
- AESA Radars
- Radar emulators
- Help to develop documentation for the acceptance, analysis, implementation, test and lifecycle support of MTTES components, modules and subsystems as needed.
- Prepare drawings and documents to baseline the system configuration and develop system change proposals using the change management processes and conforming to relevant Australian Standards and criteria.
- Support the documentation and testing for verification and validation against the approved baselines including development and execution of test procedures and analysis documentation.
- Execute assigned engineering tasks in a timely and professional manner including completion of the required engineering documentation.
- A minimum of Six (6) years prior relevant experience in engineering, Radar and Communications roles, including a minimum of four (4) years as part of a team to provide Radar system solution or platform design.
- A comprehensive understanding of the WHS Act and System Safety or Safety in Design.
- Demonstrated experience on vehicle-based systems would be desirable.
- Electrician Qualifications and demonstrated experience of compliance to Australian Standards would be desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively working in a team to achieve and document complex deliveries within a tight time frame.
- Knowledge of Defence protective security requirements and the application of security risk management principles.
Eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. Eligibility can be found at
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the "Apply" button below or contact us at careers@raytheon. com.au170834
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.