Who are we?
Transmax is a government-owned transport solutions provider of the ITS platform STREAMS®. The company exists to improve people's quality of life and helps move millions of commuters around Australian road networks every day. We partner with customers to deliver creative solutions that optimise transport networks and support safer and more reliable road journeys.
Our projects and products involve arterial and congestion management solutions, data analytics and data sharing services, and Smart Motorways (with a trial commencing soon in the USA). It is an exciting period in Transmax's history as we modernise our core STREAMS product and work with customers to enable the future of mobility.The role:
The Systems Engineer - Level 1 assists the Systems Engineering team by providing assigned professional Systems Engineering to our customers and contributing towards the proficient operation of the Systems Engineering team.
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for planning and delivering assigned services on offer in the Transmax Catalogue of Services, in response to customer or internal work requests.
This role will see you:
- Assist with the maintenance of standards, processes and procedures for project and professional engineering service delivery
- Assist with the maintenance of standards, processes and procedures for establishing systems requirements and systems designs
- With guidance from senior Systems Engineers assist in the provision of all services offered by the Systems Engineering team
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Information Technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding and experience with computer networking
- Understanding and experience with electrical and electronics principles
- Exposure to SQL or other data storage solutions
- Exposure to PowerShell or other scripting languages
If you don't meet all the criteria above, it's ok. If you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply.BenefitsWhat does Transmax offer?
Based in Milton in inner-city Brisbane, Transmax offers:
- competitive salary
- a friendly, supportive working environment
- WFH options
- flexible working hours
- a health & wellbeing allowance
- support for personal career plans and development
- an environment where you're encouraged to succeed.
An exciting and supportive career opportunity awaits you at Transmax. If you're interested in pursuing this opportunity, please apply by submitting your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role.Please note that all offers of employment at Transmax are contingent upon clear results of a criminal history check. People with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.