Your responsibilities will include:
Main responsibility of this role is to support the Human Factors Engineering scope elements and apply Human Factors principles and methodologies to the development and integration of the Future Submarine Combat System.
Other day to day tasks include:
- Manage human factors engineering consultation, as required, to support IPT activities and reviews
- Drive human factors reviews on combat system design specifications
- Develop and maintain human factors design requirements for the ASCS
- Guide the design and conduct of operator task analysis. Broadly communicate findings to system engineers to ensure that Operator role requirements are understood and considered throughout the design phase of the program
- Guide the design and conduct lab based usability testing; employing both quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques in the evaluation of operator workflows, GUI and hardware designs
- Define human factors guidance and support for the physical design, layout, and evaluation of the control room Operator consoles
- Guide the design and conduct anthropometric studies on the proposed combat system design
- Qualifications within the field of human factors.
- Significant experience working human factors on large systems development programs.
- Substantial awareness of current and emerging best practices in human factors engineering
Any of the following would be highly desirable:
- Significant experience across the engineering lifecycle within a large maritime program
- Advanced degree within the field of human factors or a relevant engineering discipline
- Tertiary qualifications in cognitive psychology
- Substantial experience in the use and application of human performance modelling tools
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current or re-instatable NV1 Defence Security Clearance.
Employment may be contingent on the satisfactory result of criminal and/or other background screens, which require the collection and transfer of personal information.What we offer you:
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals.
In return we offer:
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Competitive Remuneration
- Options for genuine work/life flexibility including a 9 day, compacted fortnight
- Membership to Destination Discounts - that saves you money on many every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Salary packaging for car leasing
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what's right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees' unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.