QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn. About Us
As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world. In Australia we employ more than 400 across the ACT, QLD, NSW, SA and VIC. About the Role
Opportunities exist for Systems Engineers within our Advisory and MSP program based in Melbourne.
In our Advisory Services division, everything starts with a problem that needs a solution. We act as an independent, technical partner for customers looking to procure defined services and develop specific capabilities. We help them diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance, enabling our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance.
Our Systems Engineers support projects across the Defence Land Domain.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be involved in a broad range of activities across the Systems Engineering "V Cycle", including;
- Perform critical and complex engineering activities and provide advice in the field of System Engineering.
- Conduct reviews and assessments on the quality and suitability of a range of project deliverables including the Objective Quality Evidence documentation.
- Provide assistance to Verification and Validation activities, including scoping, planning, reviewing, provide recommendations and contribute to the system acceptance.
- Apply Engineering knowledge and experience to identify risks and uncertainties and manage them accordingly in the system product life cycle.
- Conduct engineering activities in accordance with CASG engineering policies.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with team members, actively participate in team work and motivate and mentor developing engineers.
- Scoping and planning how engineering tasks will be completed in order to meet necessary engineering outcomes and schedules, including making risk-based decisions on what tasks receive priority of effort.
- Authoring and reviewing test/trial test instructions and test reports.
- Authoring and reviewing safety case reports, hazard logs, and risk assessments.
- Authoring and reviewing formal engineering reports related to systems and equipment, such as technical investigation reports.
- Developing engineering change proposals for systems and equipment.
- Organising and co-ordinating test activities.
- Organising and leading stakeholder meetings.
- Authoring and reviewing engineering plans for systems.
To be successful for the role of Systems Engineer you will require:
Life at QinetiQ
- A recognised Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Communications, Electronics or Aeronautical Engineering suitable for admission to Engineers Australia Membership.
- Previous Defence experience (especially experience in Land Domain Projects) is highly regarded.
- Be eligible to obtain an Australian Security clearance.
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what's important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq. com/au/Careers/Benefits
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.