- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Exciting new project
- Based in Adelaide
An Opportunity is now available for a Systems Engineer who wants to be part of something big. At Raytheon, we draw the brightest minds and give them work that excites them while continuously developing an environment for learning to maintain a highly-skilled, world-class workforce. Project Land 19 Phase 7B will acquire an advance Short Range Ground Based Air and Missile Defence capability for the Australian Army. This is a major acquisition contract which will involve working with key overseas partners and the establishment and management of a significant Australian Industry Capability program for local suppliers.
The Systems Engineer is required to provide requirements, design, verification and validation support to the assigned project. The Systems Engineer will apply their complete understanding of technical theories and concepts to provide solutions to the current phase of the project, taking cognisance of cost and schedule constraints whilst ensuring adherence to processes.Key Responsibilities
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Create verification statements for requirements.
- Perform systems analysis to derive function, performance and interface requirements to satisfy the system requirements.
- Perform system design activities (including trade studies) to ensure that the system architecture is compatible with the baselined product and is consistent across all subsystems and that the system design will meet the system level performance requirements.
- Develop and maintain system level architecture design documents and perform technical risk analysis as required.
- Plan, document and execute verification and validation activities.
- Understand the systems engineering methodology, tools and procedures
- Tertiary Engineering qualification in a relevant engineering discipline (preference for Electrical Engineering).
- Demonstrate technical expertise; apply and communicate knowledge effectively to others.
- Exposure to and understanding of the Defence environment (Desirable).
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance as needed. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence. gov.au/agsva.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career click the "Apply" button now or contact us at careers@raytheon. com.au172664
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.