QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ has a number of exciting new opportunities to support the growth of the company in the delivery of capability to our clients. As such, we are currently looking for experienced Systems Engineer
to join our Advisory business, based in Adelaide.
As a Systems Engineer
, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing required documentation for progression through the Department Product Lifecycle Management Model (PLCMM)
- Managing the preparation of Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) that the materiel being delivered by the Project and Work Package(s) (WP) meets the requirements of the Executive Authority
- Providing technical advice and recommendations to the Project Lead and Project Director
- Developing the required documentation for project maturity
- Communicating with the Capability Manager and other stakeholders
- Working effectively in a small team environment
- Providing systems engineering knowledge/skills transfer to other team members
To be successful for the role of Systems Engineer
you will need to bring with you:
- Formal qualifications from a recognised tertiary institute or relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering or relatable role
- Proven experience in delivering high quality capability documentation to enable the project to attain Initial Material Release (IMR), Initial Operational Capability (IOC), and Final Operational Capability (FOC) on time and within budget
- Be a self-motivator with the ability to work under limited supervision to achieve directed project/capability outcomes
- Possess strong communication skills with a focus on stakeholder engagement and management
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
Candidates will need to be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance Life at QinetiQ
- Experience in planning, analysis, and development of material introduction into service requirements with an understanding of and experience in processing materiel
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what's important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq. com/au/Careers/Benefits
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers' advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.