At NTT we believe that by using innovative technology we can solve global challenges and create a world that is sustainable and secure. We are looking for curious people, from diverse backgrounds, that are keen to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
At NTT we trust our employees to do the right thing, even when no one is watching, which is why we offer flexibility in the workplace. The majority of our roles are hybrid, meaning we encourage a balance of working from home and our local office. Ask our recruitment team if this is a hybrid role.Want to be a part of our team?
The role is responsible for providing a managed service to clients to ensure that their Contact Centre and systems remain operational through proactively monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution. Their primary objective is to proactively review client requests or tickets and apply technical/process knowledge to resolve them without breaching service level agreement (SLA). The Systems Engineer (Custom applications) focuses on second line support for incidents and requests with medium to high level of complexity.Working at NTTStakeholder engagement
Skills and attributesManaged Services
- Internal: engage with internal Service desk and L1 services engineering team for any support related issues, provide assistance, instructions and general direction to L1 engineers and manage escalation of incidents to L3 teams or 3rd party vendors aligning to agreed SOPs for all such engagements. Provide updates to cross functional services or client advocacy on incidents / tickets that require their attention
- External: proactively act as first-line technical support for clients (including the analysis, assignment and escalation thereof).
Identifies and resolves technical problems and fulfills requests following agreed procedures. Uses technical knowledge along with standard tools to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve incidents. Plans and carries out agreed maintenance and proactive tasks and fulfills requests as required. Works with L1 and L3 engineering teams for changes, capacity, continual service improvement, identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies.Service Level Management
Proactively monitors the ticket queues along with consistent updates of the tasks completed to confirm the resolution of incidents or completion of requests within agreed SLAs. Monitors work queues (for example: Incident, Request, Problem) to ensure tasks are completed within agreed SLA. Tracks work queues and escalates to Team / Tech Leads for any possible SLA breaches.Incident Management
Follows work instructions / SOPs along with inherent technical capabilities to identify, analyze, diagnose and resolve incidents and requests. Interacts with client to gather additional info to enable faster resolutions of incidents / requests. Actively analyses incidents / requests to produce knowledge articles enhancing knowledge base as quick referral for Service Desk and L1 teams increasing First time resolutions. Actively contributes and works with automation teams for effort optimizations and automating routine tasks.Configuration Management:
Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes. Identifies root cause of non-compliant configuration items and takes ownership to remediate. Also ensure no unauthorised changes are executed on the CI.Problem Management:
Investigates and analyses the tickets, processes and logs problem tickets for solution / permanent fix. Actively contributes to the problem management process and takes ownership for problem tickets assigned to him / her. Engages and work with L3 engineering team for appropriate decisions and work for implementation of the necessary corrective and preventive actionsTeamwork:
Actively collaborates with local and global teams for effective working. Adapts to global work culture and coaches junior team members and also L1 engineers and Service Desk teams. Actively networks with CoEs and cross functional teams. Participates in all team events and organisation initiatives.Work OutputsMonitor operational infrastructure
The Systems Engineer (Custom Applications) takes the lead in establishing monitoring for client infrastructure. They leverage standard tools and processes to respond and resolve incidents and requests in a timely manner meeting agreed SLA.Identify problems and errors
The Systems Engineer (Custom Applications) proactively identifies problems and errors before they impact a client's service. They log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail. They liaise with all stakeholders, including client's IT team, vendors, carriers and necessary Dimension Data functions to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution or provide a recommendation.Incident management
As required, the Systems Engineer (Custom Applications) will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in the analysis and resolution or assignment of a ticket. Actively communicates with all internal teams, client or vendor for all troubleshooting tasks, with consistent updates to tickets on the progress and resolution. Resolves most of the incidents, actively seeks support from L3 and SME for major and complex tickets. Leads and manages all initial client escalation for operational issues.Change management
Actively contributes to the change management process by logging all change requests with complete details for standard and non-standard including patching and any other changes to Configuration Items. Ensures all changes are carried out with proper change approvals.Shift handover
The Systems Engineer (Custom Applications) diligently completes the shift handover process by documenting all pending tasks (open tickets) to be completed in next shift and highlights any critical tasks to be focused on, such as P1 tickets and requests or exceptions.Knowledge management
The Systems Engineer (Custom Applications) will actively apply knowledge articles for routine activities. Actively contributes in creating and updating knowledge articles. Produces knowledge articles / work instructions for the tasks to be performed by Service Desk & L1 teams to enhance first call resolution rates.Quality Management
The Systems Engineer (Custom Applications) audits and analyses incident and request tickets for quality and recommends improvements with updates to knowledge articles. Produces trend analysis reports for identifying tasks for automation, leading to reduction in tickets and optimization of effort. They plan and execute approved maintenance activitiesNext career steps
- Senior levels within current role (breadth and depth in technology)
- MS - Services Engineer (L3)
- Service Desk Manager
- MS Team Lead (Operations Center)
- Incident Coordinator (Cross Functional Services)
- Diploma, degree or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated equivalent work experience)
- ITIL certification
- At least one mid-Level certification relevant to CoE - Ex - CCNP for networks, MSCE for Windows Server Data Center CoE (Add MCS and MCSfM certs in this section)
- Good to have scripting knowledge such as Python, PERL
- Good to have cross technology skills Ex Windows server L2 along with UNIX or Storage skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Routing and Switching (CCNA-R/S)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Wireless (CCNA-WL)
- Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate - WAN Optimization (RCSA-W)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Security (CCNA-SEC)
- Juniper Certifications
- Meraki Certifications
- MCSA, MCSE, RHEL, VCP
- MS-IIS Server
- Citrix Metaframe
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Data Center (CCNA-DC)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Video (CCNA-VID)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Voice (CCNA-V)
Any of the above certifications is a plus. The Systems Engineer (Custom Applications) is expected to gain certifications relevant to services supported. Certifications carry additional weightage on candidate's qualification for the role.What will make you a good fit for the role?Work experience required
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.Equal opportunity employer
- Relevant managed services experience
- A skilled developer with Java/C# coding skills
- Must possess essential and operational knowledge in ticketing tools preferably Service Now.
- Strong client service orientation and passion for achieving or exceeding expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.