We're a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years' local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We're growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.Job DescriptionYour role in the team
We have multiple opportunities available for a Systems Engineers to join our high performing Project Services Engineering Team.
Working in a fast-paced environment in a collaborative team with mixed skillsets, you will be working on project planning, implementation and integration activities. You will be able to take guidance under minimal supervision to complete tasks as part of a project team.
Working in the Systems Engineering lifecycle you will produce high quality artefacts and deliver value to our Defence customer.
You will be able to provide assistance to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large-scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customer's business critical systems.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale in a unique environment. Defence industry experience would be highly desirable, tertiary studies in IT or a related field would be valued but not essential.QualificationsAbout You and What You'll Bring
Experience with the following technology is highly desirable:
What you'll love
- Knowledge of any the following technical disciplines: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft System Centre, Microsoft Windows Server, Citrix XenApp, VMware vSphere, NetApp storage, Cisco UCS, McAfee Security Suite, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, Red Hat Satellite, AWS, Azure, Google Kubernetes, Docker;
- Strong knowledge in VMware and Microsoft Server/management technologies is required;
- Must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures related to Cloud technologies;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud-based infrastructure;
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
Leidos is growing rapidly so you'll enjoy having the support of sponsored training and development and the offer of a varied career path. We regularly promote from within across a range of Federal Government and Defence projects so opportunities abound. We offer flexible work practices, 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, novated leasing options, health insurance discounts and more. Get in touch today!Additional Information
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and ideally hold an NV1 or NV2 security clearance, or ability to obtain.