- Utilise your systems engineering skills to provide simulation solutions for front-line Australian Navy personnel
- Work with other experienced engineers to develop DXC's long-standing combat system simulator into new areas of growth
- Sydney or Adelaide-based, offering flexibility in hours, work from home arrangements
What you will be doing
Working on a long-standing software-based defence program, you will execute systems engineering responsibilities directly and ensure alignment to baselines throughout the project lifecycle. You will provide engineering coordination and oversight for project engineering effort, allocated staff and activities.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Manage the translation of user and stakeholder domain requirements into project and product solutions and validate the outcomes
- Validate the approach and content of project verification and validation to achieve overall system validation
- Lead and manage Project Engineering staff to achieve agreed estimates
- Ensure the application of systems engineering processes and procedures are realised across projects
- Contribute to issues/risk reviews with project teams
- Participate in Change Control Board (CCB) activities
- Advocate end user and client requirements
- Oversee and contribute to production, management, review, and approval of artefacts
- Ensure the achievement of engineering outcomes as required under allocated projects
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the delivery of training outcomes using DXC products
- Support Business Development activities including client and stakeholder liaison to identify opportunities and contribute to bids and winning work
- Provide guidance for development of changes to system requirements and design
- Monitor and track progress of software development staff against project objective; and
- Support processes and tools established by the Software Engineering Manager
You will be challenged with complex problems to solve,enjoy working in a collaborative, highly communicative team, and family-friendly environment where people celebrate team success as much as individual success. You are looking for a career in building complex and interesting solutions that make a real difference for our nation's front-line personnel.
The skills you will bring
- Demonstrable experience in end-to-end system engineering lifecycle
- Working knowledge of naval combat system architectures and weapon/sensor/combat management systems
- Experience and understanding of software development principles and processes in a defence engineering context
- Tertiary qualifications in systems engineering, software engineering or other related discipline
Whilst not essential, exposure to the development and delivery of systems and associated documentation in accordance with the Australian Defence Contracting Standard (ASDEFCON) will be beneficial.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have an active NV1 Australian Defence security clearance, or an inactive one that can be reinstated
- Be eligible to access ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) information
About the program
DXC is a leader in enabling those charged with defending Australia's national security interests. We have a 45+ year partnership with defence where we have developed, enhanced, and supported the Combat Systems Simulator (CSSIM) Synthetic War fighter training capability solution. The CSSIM supports multiple naval platforms including (but not limited to) the ANZAC class frigates, Landing Helicopter Dock (LHDs) and Mine Hunter Coastal (MHC) vessels. DXC continues to build new capability in this space, enhancing the CSSIM command team training solution within land-based systems and providing operator training systems onboard RAN ships.
Why join DXC Technology?
DXC Technology (NYSE:DXC) - where brilliant people embrace change and seize opportunities to advance their careers and amplify customer success.
People are the heart of our business. We support each other and work as a team, globally and locally to deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues. We live in more than 70 countries, speak multiple languages and work with over 6,000 customers on almost every continent. We use the power of technology to deliver mission critical IT services that move the world. DXC.com
Your working environment
This is a family-friendly collaborative team environment offering flexible hours.
DXC's 'people first' mindset comes to life by offering the ultimate in working flexibility. We take a virtual-first approach, and our teams are spread across multiple geographies delivering a broad range of customer projects, which means we can tailor working arrangements that work for our people.
No matter where you are located, you'll never feel alone and will always be supported with our diverse range of employee interest and social support groups. Whatever your passion, you will be amongst friends - from #PetsofDXC to photography, cycling or cooking groups - or we welcome you to make your mark and start your own group.
Our culture and benefits
A career with DXC allows you to work on supporting our frontline defence force, enabling missions for success while enjoying work-life balance. You can bring your technology expertise to contribute to national defence firsthand and make a real difference by working on world-class projects that protect our front-line personnel and help families spend more time together.
DXC Australia is a Platinum pledge partner of Soldier On. We are committed to working side-by-side with veterans and their families to help secure their future, and we welcome their interest in applying for this role.
As an employer of choice, our "people first" philosophy means we offer competitive remuneration, benefits, training and career opportunities that reflect our commitment to improving the lives of our employees, and the communities in which we live and work. Some of these include:
- Extensive resources to support your onboarding and continual development, including DXC University
- DXC Recognition, a global virtual platform that fosters a culture of appreciation and celebration with real-time rewards and recognition
- We know that great people refer great people. We will reward you when you bring your friends and family to work at DXC
- More time to do the things you love with flexible leave options, including purchased leave
- Take time to give back with charitable and emergency services volunteer days
- Wellbeing matters to us, and our Employee Assistance Program is there to support you and your family
- And of course, all the basics; novated leasing, discounted health insurance, paid parental leave and many other benefits
How to apply & our commitment to you in return
If you would like to be part of a culture that drives innovation, delivers results, rewards performance and encourages ideas, then please press the "Apply Now" button to submit your resume. Please contact Kusha Sharma at kusha. email@example.com for a confidential discussion or in case of any queries before formally applying for this role.
In return, we agree to ensure a hiring process that is enjoyable, thorough, and fair. We strive to provide an environment that lets you thrive and show off the very best version of yourself, while learning about us at the same time.
Interviews and onboarding are conducted online, as part of us being a virtual-first company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
DXC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome submissions from people from all walks of life. We celebrate our diversity and recognise it is the unique contributions of our people that give us our edge. We stand by the 'bring your whole-self to work' philosophy. It is our inclusive culture that powers our results, and our company grows only if our people grow.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the DXC Accommodation Policy. In addition, DXC Technology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to support qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities.