QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Major Service Provider (MSP) Business in Adelaide, South Australia.
Located at Edinburgh, the Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering support under the MSP arrangement in the aerospace domain. The support will include service release activities, review and assessment of OEM, in particular, those related to the air platform and its support systems as it undergoes upgrades. To be successful in the role of Systems Engineer you will need to bring with you:
Candidates will need to hold a NV1 Australian Government Security Clearance MSP SERVICES
- An Engineering degree, preferably systems/aerospace/electronics (at least 2 years post Graduate)
- Strong communication and interpersonal sills
- The ability to work within a team environment
- High personal ethical standards that align with QinetiQ Values
Our MSP (Major Service Provider) Division, is part of a consortium of independent, technical partners, which include Nova Systems and PwC; supported by a range of specialist SMEs. We share and support Defence's commitment to growing and improving Australia's military capability. We do this by delivering large, long term, integrated work packages across the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG). In doing so we work closely with both uniformed and public service staff to help plan the acquisition and support of advanced military systems and equipment through the provision of rigorous analysis, advice and assurance; we relish solving the unique and challenging problems this work entails.
By joining us you could be working on any of the following work packages; Communication Systems Branch, Explosive Materiel Branch (EMB), Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare Branch (ISREW), Aerospace Surveillance and Response Branch (ASR), Air Training and Aviation Common System Program Office (ATACSPO), Land Services Division (LSD). Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance. QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards. We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers. Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what's important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq. com/au/Careers/Benefits
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.