We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.About Your Role
This Systems Engineer will form part of the Engineering Support Team under the Scylla In-Service Support(ISS) contract for the Collins Class submarines.
Based in our Underwater Systems team, this full time permanent role is to provide system engineering support for hardware and software-intensive systems that comprise the Scylla sonar and associated equipment and systems.
- Systems engineering related activities associated with system support and obsolescence updates, including system design, development, integration and test.
How About You?
- Ensuring engineering activities follow appropriate Systems Engineering Methodologies, ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with the company CHORUS 2 DDQS (Design, Develop, Qualify the Solution) Processes
- Documenting all work to a high standard and utilising the peer review process.
- Ensuring adequate testing is conducted on the systems during system integration, verification and qualification activities.
- Providing feedback to management with regard to areas of technical and schedule risk associated with the system engineering activities
Good to Know
- IEAust recognised System, Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrical or Electronic Engineering degree able to meet the requirements for Professional membership of Engineers Australia
- Knowledge of and experience with the system engineering process.
You'll get an email acknowledgement after you've applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit - http://www.defence. gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.