With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs more than 410,000 people across 165 countries. Bosch brings innovations that are "Invented for Life" in the fields of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust. Bosch is a rather special company.
Part of the Cross-Domain Computing Solutions division, our Advanced Network Solutions business unit is responsible for developing automotive components such as Vehicle Computers, Central Gateways and Vehicle Access Systems. With capabilities covering end-to-end development and New Product Introduction processes, we are managing and implementing global platform projects, tailored for our Original Equipment customers.Job Description
We are currently offering an opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us as a Systems Engineering Specialist
. The role is based at our Head Office in Clayton.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of innovative products and systems related to vehicle security, digital keys, connectivity and real-time locating/tracking
- Contributing to the definition of end-to-end performance specifications, functional requirements and system architectures
- Ensuring quality centric methods are practiced and documentation produced to industrialise products for mass production
- Ensuring product designs comply with stakeholder specifications and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensuring verification and validation activities are carried out in a timely and technically competent manner
- Supervising or conducting investigations or tests with critical analysis of obtained data and evaluation of results
- Investigating and recommending actions to improve product designs to reduce costs, increase reliability, ensure functional safety and enhance cybersecurity
The successful applicant will be results oriented, have the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines, be a team player and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold an Engineering degree that is recognised in Australia
- Must have at least INCOSE CSEP or Chartered Professional Engineer certification
- Experience using UML/SysML and MBSE modelling environments such as Rational Rhapsody
- Ability to program in MATLAB for modelling and data analysis
- Familiar with modern software development life cycle methodologies suited for complex embedded systems and system of systems
- Understanding of hardware design limitations due to commercial and technical constraints
- Experience in product development implementing short-range wireless technology standards such as Bluetooth LE, Zigbee and UWB IEEE 802.15.4z would be beneficial
- Good theoretical knowledge of cryptography and its application within embedded system applications would be highly regarded
- Mobile application development experience would be advantageous
We recognise that our employees are our greatest asset. Through the diversity of our business and commitment to personal and career development, we can provide you a new and exciting opportunity so you can achieve your full potential.
We offer our employees:
- The ability to work flexibly
- Training and development programs to help you reach your full potential
- Up to 28 weeks of paid Parental Leave (in addition to government paid parental leave)
- Superannuation on unpaid Parental Leave
- The option to purchase additional annual leave
- A wide range of Health and Wellbeing programs
- Support and counselling services with work or personal matters through our Employee Assistance Program
- Up to 50 weeks Income Protection for permanent employees
- Journey Accident Insurance
- Diverse and exciting career opportunities, both local and international
- Discounts on Bosch products and as well as products from affiliated brands
Bosch values diversity in the workplace and in our recruitment activities. We actively pursue a recruiting strategy that works towards eliminating unconscious bias. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume
using through the on-line application link.Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen, or hold Australian work rights, to apply for this role.
Bosch does not accept any agency submissions unless approval has been given by a member of the Bosch HR Team. All agency submissions must be submitted directly to Bosch HR. Potential candidates submitted by an agency directly to any Bosch employee or manager without Bosch HR approval will not be considered by Bosch. Bosch will not be liable for a recruitment fee in these circumstances. Any agency terms and conditions must be signed by Bosch HR indicating acceptance.