AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: AU- Secret (NV1)
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the TimeDescription
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
It's only impossible - until you do it at Northrop Grumman
Wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there. We solve the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defence and cyberspace and have supported critical defence and civil programs in Australia for over 20 years.
Backed by a global team of over 90,000, our 800+ Australian employees design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivalled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
The C-27J engineering team is now seeking a highly motivated Structures Engineer
to join the C-27J Part 21J Design Organisation based at either Springfield, QLD or Richmond, NSW
As a member of the wider NGA Military Design Organisation, you will provide structural design and technical support services in accordance with engineering management plans and associated work instructions. This includes performance of activities as part of the DASR Part 21J regulatory design organisation and also provision of support to the Continuing Airworthiness Management Services (CAM Services) as required.
This is a unique opportunity to support a high-profile platform well known for its humanitarian aid and disaster relief capabilities in our region.Key duties and responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Producing engineering repairs, designs and modifications in accordance with DASR Part 21J requirements.
- Conducting independent checking of engineering documentation within prescribed engineering authority.
- Assessing issues and incoming technical information for risks and proposing appropriate risk mitigations.
- Identifying and recommending mitigations for any safety risks to be incorporated into the System Safety Program.
- Liaising with other sub-functions within the C-27J Engineering team to advise on impacts Continued Airworthiness and/or the Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP).
- Providing support to NGA / 35SQN Part 145 Maintenance Organisation members.
- Investigating, reporting and communicating engineering compliance issues to the Chief Engineer and other Compliance Verification Engineers (CVE's) as required.
- Mentoring and coaching of junior engineers.
Why Northrop Grumman?
- Relevant engineering degree (Mechanical/Aeronautical/Structures).
- Experience as a Professional Engineer in the aviation industry.
- Experience with Stress Analysis of Aircraft Structures.
- Working knowledge of CASA/DASA/EASA regulations.
- Experience and understanding of Configuration Control and Design Change Management.
- Must be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance.
Our Values represent what is important to us at Northrop Grumman and are integrated into all aspects of our employee experience:
What do we offer in return?
- We do the right thing
- We do what we promise
- We commit to shared success
- We pioneer
- Professional Development Support - further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft.
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave.
- Salary packaging including novated car leases.
- Generous parental leave entitlements.
- Free parking.
- WellbeiNG Program.
- Employee Incentive Program.
- Employee Discount Program.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.