As one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, WSP is experiencing robust growth. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower in developing creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive.
We plan, design, manage and engineer lasting Water, Property & Buildings, Transportation and Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Industry), Power and Environmental solutions, as well as provide project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 48,000 talented people in more than 550 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come
Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about remaining at the forefront of technical innovation. That means having the best people, projects, and clients, and providing the best service, solutions, and advice.
Due to the continued success of our Australian operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for Mid-level / Senior Structural Engineers to work within our Adelaide Water team.The Opportunity
What we'll love about you
- Prepare concise technical calculations, quality technical reports, and engineering drawings
- Undertake high-level design reviews
- Undertake safety in design reviews
- Design or project management of small projects or discrete work packages
- Assist in managing project communications, project integration and preparing the costing of proposals
- Carry out structural inspections of new and existing infrastructure
- Supervise and train engineers in structural design
- Liaise with a range of clients, other consultants and statutory authorities
- Actively enhance and maintain technical reputation and relationships in relevant industry sectors
What we will offer you:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
- Experience (5+ years) working as a structural engineer, ideally with experience in the water industry.
- Will have worked on water infrastructure projects in SA or interstate.
- Have demonstrated experience with the design of complex structures and undertaking structural inspections.
- Be technically competent with reinforced concrete and steel design to Australian Standards including, but not limited to, AS3735, AS3600, AS4100 and AS5100.
- Be technically competent with the design of above-ground and below-ground pipework to relevant standards including, but not limited to, Australian Standards (AS4041, AS2566), European Standards (BS EN 13480) and American Standards (ASME B31.3)
- Ideally be Chartered, or working towards this
- Practical experience using Autodesk Robot and other similar structural analysis software
- Practical experience with 3D modelling software such as Revit, Advance Steel and/or Plant 3D
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving/volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.