Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our Brisbane Structural group are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Engineer to join and contribute to the growth and success of our team. This role will suit a candidate who is attracted to the Stantec culture and project variety in a day to day sense, whilst having the opportunity to develop their career within a global business, as part of a successful and well-regarded team.
We operate across all building types, including health, education, Defence, commercial, retail and residential buildings. The role will enable the candidate to develop in a professional and personal sense and to thrive in a successful global firm during this exciting chapter of growth.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• tAssist and support Senior and Project Engineers in the technical and day-to-day delivery of projects
• tDevelop analytical models for all kinds of building structures and prepare thorough and self-reviewed calculation packages
• tKeep Project Engineers informed as to project design progress
• tOversee the documentation process and review evolving documents for technical correctness
• tSupport clients and internal customers on technical queries
• tLiaise with project stakeholders which includes external architects and internal design teams
• tAdhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures
• tContribute to our section and company culture
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• tBachelor Degree in Structural Engineering
• t5-10 years previous experience, we are happy to consider intermediate to senior level applications
• tMust have experience working in an engineering consultancy environment working on buildings projects. Projects within the Education, Health and Defence sectors would be advantageous however not compulsory
• tStructural software knowledge of SpaceGass, RAM, ETABS or similar design programs
• tKnowledge of building stability analysis and corresponding detailing
• tKnowledge and capability across post tensioned and reinforced concrete, steel, masonry and timber design fields
• tExcellent verbal and written communication skills
• tAbility to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• tProblem solving mindset with strong interpersonal skills
Bachelor Degree in Structural Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!