At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Structural Engineer who is a self-starter and enjoys regular challenges to join our team on a full-time basis based in our Melbourne office. You will be working on a variety of civil infrastructure projects in Melbourne and across Victoria.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- The structural design of temporary and permanent structural systems from pre-feasibility to construction;
- Designing foundation systems, vertical retention systems, tunnelling and micro-tunnelling works, various types of temporary works and other methods that suit Clients’ needs;
- Planning own tasks and deliverables, coordinating work with other parties and meeting deadlines on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines;
- Assisting with the preparation of tenders, proposals and reports for clients;
- Complying with QA requirements and preparing all project documentation in line with Golder’s internal systems;
- Ensuring the designated tasks on projects are on time and budget to ensure that the client’s expectations are exceeded on a consistent basis; and
- Developing and building enduring client relationships.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in civil/structural engineering, and working towards chartered engineer status
- Practical, hands-on experience with construction issues and queries
- Preferable experience with temporary works coupled with a good understanding of concrete and steel structure design (preferred) as well as exposure to formwork, backpropping, shoring, heavy lifting or temporary stability assessment using unique design or proprietary systems
- Must have experience with “First Principle” design of complex temporary structures
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, well developed interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communications skills are a must
- Ability to work both in the office or on site based projects
Your benefits at Golder will include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500+ professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people – we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment