Description:About Boeing: Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.The Organisation
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Boeing Defence Australia's Aerospace Engineering & Production Capability provides a range of modification, production, repair and continuing airworthiness services to support Defence's Boeing-managed aircraft fleets and complex communication systems. We work hand-in-hand with our customers to develop and deliver critical capabilities to support their mission now and into the future. The Opportunity
We are seeking experienced Structures Engineers.
If you are looking to join a team that works on cutting edge aviation platforms such as Super Hornet and Growler, Wedgetail, ATS, C-17, HATS and P8 that are supported by Boeing Defence Australia, we have part and full time employment opportunities available.
We are looking for someone who will embrace our company's behaviours and values and who is willing to innovate.
We currently have vacancies in Adelaide.
As a Structures Engineer you will:
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
- Be responsible for the successful integration of modifications and new payloads required by 5077 Phase 5A into the mechanical and structural subsystems of the existing Wedgetail aircraft.
- Contribute to the Type Certification Program, to successfully maintain the Type Certification of modified Wedgetail aircraft.
- Perform and reviewing engineering activities including project management, supplier technical coordination, design development and engineering investigation.
- Work towards gaining Engineering Authority and Delegations on the platforms you will be supporting.
- Hold Tertiary qualifications in either Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, that satisfies the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (MIEAust).
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021. About you
To be successful in this role you will have:
What's on offer?
- Have previous experience in aircraft structural design/repair methodologies, aircraft mechanical systems and aviation engineering processes.
- Previous experience in developing engineering artefacts within the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment.
We are a business that evolves by encouraging our people to grow, so you will bring a mindset, behaviours and skills to improve the business, processes and yourself. This will see you succeed and achieve the organisation's goals whilst being focused on your own personal development through formal and informal learning.
Boeing values the health and wellbeing of our employees and offer true flexibility including working from home, compressed work weeks, and opportunities for part time arrangements, allowing you to balance your career with what is important to you outside of work. We will celebrate you and your team's successes and achievements with a formal reward and recognition program.
Working in a large multinational and multiplatform organisation, you will have the opportunity to work cross platform, broadening your skills and experience. Your career is what you want to make it to be.
- Work on cutting edge projects
- Attractive remuneration and annual bonus
- Formal mentoring and training as well as on the job learning
- Access discounts for health insurance, travel and accommodation
- Paid study leave, paid parental leave and Defence leave
- Salary packaging options available
- Health and wellbeing benefits including annual flu vaccinations and Employee Assistance Program
- Join social and community groups
BDA works with strong links with our global Boeing community and we strongly encourage collaboration with our international counterparts.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.Vaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here
for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Getting hardcoded on backend Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.