Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve-because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our Brisbane Structural group are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Engineer to join and contribute to the growth and success of our team. This role will suit a candidate who is attracted to the Stantec culture and project variety in a day to day sense, whilst having the opportunity to develop their career within a global business, as part of a successful and well-regarded team.
We operate across all building types, including health, education, Defence, commercial, retail and residential buildings. The role will enable the candidate to develop in a professional and personal sense and to thrive in a successful global firm during this exciting chapter of growth.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Assist and support Senior and Project Engineers in the technical and day-to-day delivery of projects
• Develop analytical models for all kinds of building structures and prepare thorough and self-reviewed calculation packages
• Keep Project Engineers informed as to project design progress
• Oversee the documentation process and review evolving documents for technical correctness
• Support clients and internal customers on technical queries
• Liaise with project stakeholders which includes external architects and internal design teams
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures
• Contribute to our section and company culture
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Bachelor Degree in Structural Engineering
• 5-10 years previous experience, we are happy to consider intermediate to senior level applications
• Must have experience working in an engineering consultancy environment working on buildings projects. Projects within the Education, Health and Defence sectors would be advantageous however not compulsory
• Structural software knowledge of SpaceGass, RAM, ETABS or similar design programs
• Knowledge of building stability analysis and corresponding detailing
• Knowledge and capability across post tensioned and reinforced concrete, steel, masonry and timber design fields
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• Problem solving mindset with strong interpersonal skills
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part-time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Bachelor Degree in Structural Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Structural Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!