Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
BDA is looking for a talented Software Engineer (solution architect - big data) who is interested in being part of a dynamic team, delivering data analytics solutions to our customers.
Working as part of our BDA Data Analytics team, you will be responsible for managing the full technical life-cycle of Data Analytics solutions that will enable the Australian Defence Force to more effectively operate, maintain and sustain its platforms.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Engage customers and business stakeholders to develop solution requirements
- Lead the definition of technology roadmaps
- Assess, benchmark and select technologies and clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Technical architecture design
- Provide technical oversight for the development, testing, and deployment of proposed solutions
- Lead the definition and adoption of standards and best practices
- Supervise the development of in-house built tools and frameworks
- Support deployed applications through consultation with users, defect identification and resolution, and release management
- Work closely with data scientists to understand technology requirements
- Support the ongoing development and execution of the solution architecture roadmap, suggesting new technologies and methods to support the efficiency and effectiveness of future analytics solutions
- Assist capability managers in solution design, planning and governance, including business development activities
We are seeking a talented and motivated software engineering professional to join our team who has:
- Tertiary degree qualification in software engineering or a related technical discipline
- 15+ years' experience in engineering, system architecture and integration, and full-stack development
- 5+ years' experience in big data solution architecture
- Good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture
- Good understanding of high-scale or distributed systems
- Passion for data analytics and understanding of new technologies, models and methods (e.g. Big Data, Machine Learning, Functional Programming)
- Experience with modern data technologies such as NiFi, Talend, Airflow, Spark, HDFS and Kafka
- Experience working with SQL and non-SQL technologies
- Demonstrated experience with Java, C# and/or Python programming languages
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps, containerisation and PaaS
- Experience developing REST API services and integrating with data providers
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and concepts will be desirable
- Knowledge of cloud technologies including Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks (i.e. TOGAF)
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse, safe and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements. We are also an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to apply.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.