About North Western Program Alliance
North Western Program Alliance (NWPA) consists of three Alliance partners - John Holland, KBR and MTM and the client (LXRP), working together as one team to achieve shared goals.
NWPA has a proven track record with the successful delivery of four level crossing removal projects, several premium stations and three projects currently in delivery phase.
We're proud to make a real difference to the lives of people on our program of works and in the communities in which we operate. Our values are Excellence, Empowerment, Creativity and Care.
We are currently looking for an experienced Site Traffic Engineer to join us, project based in the outer south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
About the Role
Whilst you will be initially based on the North Western Program Alliance on our project in the outer south-eastern suburbs, this is a long-term career opportunity with John Holland.
As a Site Traffic Engineer, you will be responsible for providing on-site traffic engineering services and technical support. This is to ensure the planning, implementation and maintenance of traffic management is carried out accordingly within specified guidelines.
Responsibilities of the role include;
• Ensure the implementation of traffic management works is carried out within specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards
• Conduct and administer job planning and programming with minimal disruption to the surrounding road network for works that may include short range and intermediate activities for construction projects
• Undertake minor adjustments on site and monitor these recommended changes to the traffic management plans to increase the ease and convenience of required works
• Exercise professional judgement in resolving traffic management issues, i.e. local council, local residents, road users, etc.
• Ensure traffic management control devices are ordered and supplied on time and when needed to assure the safety of the project engineers, road users and the general public
• Demonstrate financial management skills including demonstrated behaviour in reducing costs and meeting budgets
• Undertake cost controlling and estimating as required by the Traffic Manager
• Implement and communicate risk controls and actions involved in the delivery and implementation of the works to be undertaken from a traffic prospective
• Demonstrate skills in reporting on traffic engineering performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
• Demonstrate people management skills by being able to manage work and performance of teams and subcontractors to achieve project outcomes
• Perform all duties in accordance with John Holland policies, processes, systems, reporting and procedures
To be successful in this role, you will have;
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction, Construction Management or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5 years' engineering experience
• Construction management and specific technical skills base relevant to program of work and discipline area
• Wide level of planning, development and review of complex projects
• Implementation of a process and/or product system of audits and schedules
• Skill in use of document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance and procedures
• Ability to work on-site in the outer south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne
As part of the team, you help us deliver on our promise to transform lives.
Your success is reflected in ours, so we're committed to being an employer of choice. For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It's why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a work-life balance.
We'll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority.