CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.
CYP D&C brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.
The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne's busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden (to be renamed North Melbourne), Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations - State Library and Town Hall - which will directly connect to the City Loop.
We are currently looking for a Site Engineer - Civil to join the domain/East team.Key responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance of the works with technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards and CYP Risk Management process
- Input information and undertake minor design on site and monitor and recommend changes to design details to increase the ease of construction
- Exercise professional judgement in resolving engineering issues, i.e. construction methods, design, engineering procedures, etc.
- Demonstrate financial management skills including demonstrated behaviour in reducing costs and meeting budgets
- Verify subcontractors' claims and variations
- Undertake cost controlling and estimating as required
- Implement and communicate risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Demonstrate skills in reporting on project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
- Demonstrate people management skills by being able to manage work and performance of teams and subcontractors to achieve project outcomes.
- Provide engineering support to the production team
- Completion of site quality documentation, cost control and tracking registers as needed
- Monitoring of weekly production of excavation through shift reporting, chrono analysis of key production activities to identify efficiencies/issues
- Management of quality work lots and ensure timely closure of completed worklots (<60 days)
- Identify and raise any potential non-conformances
- Assist with site administration tasks as directed by the Project Engineer
- Assist with cost tracking and forecasting as directed by the Project Engineer
- Compile and present QA, safety and performance information as required
- Working on rotating shift roster as required
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent
- Minimum 2-4 years' engineering experience
- Construction management and specific technical skills base relevant to program of work and discipline area
- Local Melbourne experience with Vic Roads standards preferred
- Experience of projects >$10M will be seen as favourable
- Skill in use of document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance and procedures
CYP D&C companies are diverse, flexible and inclusive as employers of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.
Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlinedJob Segment:
Civil Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering