At Jacobs, we push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfil what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
As a Senior Transport Technical Officer in our Townsville office, you will play a key role in the development of the Transport infrastructure business in North Queensland and will have a primary focus on delivering planning and detailed designs for transport infrastructure projects. Some key focus areas for this role:
- Senior Technical Officer for a range of transport planning and design projects, responsible for producing engineering design deliverables
- Develop and implement leading design and drafting practices through a digital delivery approach.
- Train and mentor less experienced team members
You will have experience in a similar role identified through:
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Demonstrated understanding of transport planning and design processes, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of projects within budget, program and quality constraints
- High level design (12D) and CAD skills, with strong knowledge of data transfer between key software packages
- Maintaining high work standards, minimising errors and attention to detail
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
AU - Townsville Sturt Street, Level 7, 61-73 Sturt Street, Townsville QLD 4810, Townsville, 4810Capabilities: