The Systems Engineer - Sonar shall be responsible for:
- Provision of Sonar domain expertise to the development and maintenance of the Imaging subsystem specifications
- Support trade studies in pursuit of optimal selection physical product, or optimal positioning on the platform
- Support development and maintenance Sonar sub-system and product level specifications and architectural models
- Support ongoing assessment to confirm that all requirements describing Subsystems, configuration items, assemblies and components are compatible with architectural models and for actively participating in any applicable change processesSupport integration of requirements deriving from specialty engineering into the Sonar sub-system
Essential skills and experience:
- Domain knowledge of Sonar systems
- Experience in the design, development, integration, test and support of large-scale military systems
Any of the following is highly desirable:
- Experience in requirements engineering, the derivation of requirements and their verification and acceptance concepts
- Experience in the usage of the DOORS requirements management tool
- Prior experience with Model Based Systems Development; UML and or SysML
- Experience with the Windchill Configuration Management tool
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current or re-instatable NV1 Defence Security Clearance or be eligible to gain this.
Employment may be contingent on the satisfactory result of criminal and/or other background screens, which require the collection and transfer of personal information.
What we offer you:
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals.
In return we offer:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Options for genuine work/life flexibility including a 9 day, compacted fortnight
- Membership to Destination Discounts – that saves you money on many every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Salary packaging for car leasing
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what’s right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees’ unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.