Description:About Boeing: Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.The Opportunity
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 3000 people in Australia. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our Australian and international Defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, introducing new C4ISR Services and support for the Chinook & C-17 Fleets. We are very much in a growth phase.
This role is for a mid to senior level Systems Engineer
to work within the Systems Engineering Function on the E-7A Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) upgrade program located in Newcastle (Williamtown) NSW.
The E-7A program comprises several service lines (i.e. work streams) spanning both the air and ground segments. The successful candidate will be a key part of the Ground Systems - Development and Verification Devices team. In this role you will be responsible for Requirements Definition, Design, Integration, Verification and Validation of a complex System of Systems program supporting and developing new capabilities for the E-7 AEW&C platforms around the world. The role typically encompasses:
What we're looking for:
- Driving collaborative and inclusive culture between entities/teams, service lines, functions and subcontractors.
- Relationship building / Stakeholder engagement (internal and external)
- Technical planning and progress tracking
- All elements of the Systems Engineering lifecycle e.g. requirements management, interface management, system architectures, Model Based Engineering, integration of specialties, Verification and Validation, technical risk management, change management
- Tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and processes
- Continuous improvement
- A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering related field is preferred (not essential) with experience in developing, delivering and/or managing systems/services
- The candidate would ideally have 5 years Project Engineering Experience or similar (e.g. Requirements Analysis, System Design, Project Planning, Model Based Engineering)
- Excellent collaboration skills, Systems Engineering knowledge and skills, Good IT skills; Excellent Customer Facing Skills
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: C4ISR, Air Platforms, Mission Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related Technology
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements. About Us
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us. Benefits
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.