About the role
The role of the Senior Systems Engineer is to provide specialist systems engineering support to T&T engineering design projects.
- Liase with design and construction teams for collation and management of evidence and preparation of compliance statements
- Develop, verify and validate the system against Safety Requirements throughout the system lifecycle
- Plan, develop and deliver services to clients using advanced and efficient systems engineering and assurance practice, particularly in the rail industry as part of a multi-disciplinary integrated project team
- Identify and manage railway hazards throughout the system lifecycle and establish and maintain Hazard Logs
- Develop Safety Requirements, System Safety Management Plans and Safety Cases
What we offer
- Ability to work both independently and within a flexible team environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with high level attention to detail and accuracy.
- Tertiary Qualified Engineering degree
- Experience working on large Rail, Civil or Infrastructure Projects
What makes you right for UGL
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
At UGL, we value diversity - in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.