About L3Harris Micreo
Micreo is a Brisbane-based subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, providing design, manufacture, integration and sustainment of high-reliability Electronic Warfare components and subsystems using wideband Radio Frequency and photonic technology to detect, guide and protect in extreme operating environments. We are a trusted, sovereign design and production partner to the Australian Department of Defence and an established exporter to global defence primes.
We are conveniently located in Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane, where we have modern offices/manufacturing facilities, a friendly and dynamic team environment, adequate on-site parking and close proximity to cycle paths and public transport.The Opportunity
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team.
This is a newly created role within our Systems division. The Systems group is responsible for higher level system and sub-system designs, including architecture, requirements management, compliance, integration, and verification and validation. Key Reponsibilities
- Architecture of complex systems including both hardware and software capabilities
- Requirements management for all projects, including capture and decomposition of requirements
- Perform formal and informal system modelling
- Participate in internal and external project reviews
- Ensure overall compliance with program technical quality and safety requirements
- Ensure effective testing, verification and demonstration
- Participate in generation of formal bids and proposals
- 7 years demonstrated working experience in a similar role
- Degree in electronics/electrical engineering
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Experience with systems architecture tools
- Experience with systems architecture frameworks such as DoDAF
- Experience with systems architecture standards such as MOSA/SOSA
- Knowledge of model based systems engineering
Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance as a condition of their employment.
Candidates will only be considered for a position at L3 Harris Technologies if they are eligible to hold a security clearance.A NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL ONE (NV1)
security clearance is required for this position. Candidates must be an Australian citizen and have a checkable background of at least 10 years. A current NV1 security clearance is highly desirable.
Further information on security clearance eligibility requirements can be found on the AGSVA website
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be sent by applying below. We thank all applications in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.