We are excited to announce that KBR and Laing O’Rourke will join forces to deliver More Trains More Services Stage 2, south works package. The team will upgrade the T4 Eastern Suburbs, Illawarra Line and the South Coast Line as part of the first package of works. This is a big win for the KBR team and we look forward to delivering this project to increase services for customers in New South Wales.
As part of our growth plan, we are looking for a Senior Systems & Safety Assurance Engineer to join the Sydney team and help support the MTMS and other key rail projects across NSW over the next 10+ years.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide specialist engineering advice to internal and external clients supported by studies and reports
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues, government agencies and stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of the design basis and functional requirements
- Development of system requirements specifications
- Technical reviews
- Facilitation of safety workshops
- Provide support and guidance to designers regarding Safety Systems Assurance processes and documentation
- Development of safety documentation in accordance with TfNSW requirements
- Verification and validation.
Qualification & Experience
- Graduate or post graduate qualifications in an engineering discipline, Systems Engineering preferred
- Competence in Systems Engineering demonstrated by a range of experience, typically expected to be over a period of 10+ years
- Experience in multidisciplinary complex projects, running workshops and engaging with stakeholders and design leads
- Knowledge of project management practices
- Experience in requirements definition, design and readiness reviews, safety assurance, integration, verification and validation, management of change
- Experience in implementing systems engineering framework throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Familiarity with Systems engineering tools and handbooks, processes and standards
- Previous consulting/design/technical experience in the infrastructure field
- Membership in a related professional association
Benefits of KBR
KBR is committed to supporting the professional development of staff at every stage of their career through in-house training and structured career paths. We offer a competitive package of lifestyle benefits that includes family-friendly work hours and an agile work arrangement
KBR values an inclusive and diverse work environment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40