At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you. Role description:
With recent project wins and our growing project list, Arcadis are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing team. This Engineer will sit within the Civil Structures team working on some state significant infrastructure projects around NSW. Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Working in collaboration with other design teams and disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design;
- Managing selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation and delivery;
- Delivering design documentation, technical reports and specifications for clients;
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which responsible, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies and the interfaces with other disciplines.
- Extensive years of design experience on civil structures including bridges, cut and cover tunnels, retaining walls, lift shafts, stairs, culverts and their foundations;
- Experience on projects for RMS, TfNSW, Sydney Trains or their interstate equivalents;
- High-level proficiency in the use of structural analysis and design software;
- An attention to detail, a focus on quality and an awareness of technical risk assessments;
- Proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships, both with clients and team members;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Good relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a lobal business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.
Transform Your World