As the world's most trusted infrastructure consulting firm, we're committed to managing our business with the upmost responsibility and to always strive for better - reducing emissions, creating social value or diversifying our senior leadership and workforce.
We understand both the urgency of the challenges facing our society and our responsibility to respond in an impactful and enduring way. Armed with this consciousness, we're leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future, partnering with those who want to make a positive difference in the world.
AECOM's Building Engineering group is looking for a highly driven Senior Engineer to join our Structural Team, based in Melbourne. As a senior member of our team you will provide technical, project management and structural engineering design input to contribute to a range of projects across Commercial, Health, Education, Defence and Infrastructure projects.
Working with a team of experts, this role will give you the opportunity to impart your knowledge onto junior staff whilst further develop your engineering management and design skills. You will work with a number of internal and external clients and will be involved in key stakeholder engagement processes, contributing to the growth of our business.
This role is ideal for an individual who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with engineers, drafters and designers at varying levels of experience. This role will see you take on a mentoring role for our junior staff and will enable you to guide and coach the next generation of professionals in the sector. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering;
- Demonstrable and proven experience in complex structural engineering design;
- Proven and demonstrable experience working for an engineering design consultancy;
- Expert knowledge in structural buildings design and delivery across diverse market sectors;
- Proficient in the use of ETABS, RAM Concept, RAPT, and SpaceGASS,
- Confidence in leading technical input to studies and design for Structural Engineering projects;
- Clear and precise communication skills, with an ability to present complex technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders and clients;
- Ability to provide estimates for engineering budgets and schedules in order to meet requirements on large projects, with multidisciplinary aspects.
Benefits at AECOM
- Prior evidence of leading large, multidisciplinary structural buildings projects;
- CPEng accreditation, or working towards, highly advantageous.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- Work-from-home equipment packages and assistance;
- Diverse, challenging and exciting multidisciplinary engineering projects;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM and in the absence of a signed Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee. What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. Job Category
Engineering - Structural Business Line
B&P - Buildings & Places Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) Country
Australia Position Status
Full Time Requisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.