We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Structural Engineer with a strong technical and analytical background to join our Buildings team in Fortitude Valley. Our Work Your Way policy enables a flexible working environment that is tailored to your individual circumstance.Job Description:The role
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Structural Engineer with a strong technical and analytical background to join our Buildings team in Fortitude Valley. The role will focus primarily on medium to large industrial, institutional, and commercial projects as well as a focus on client relationships and business development.
Our Fortitude Valley office is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk to the train station and secure parking. We are surrounded by cafes and restaurants in the bustling King Street precinct and our office has natural lighting and greenery throughout. Cardno has embraced 'Work Your Way', which enables flexible working (including work from home options) tailored to your individual circumstance through an environment of empowerment and trust.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Leading project design teams in delivering positive client outcomes and financial performance for the business
- Managing key projects from start to finish and providing successful project outcomes
- Building and managing client relationships through effective and commercially astute business development
- Delivery of accurate and efficient concept and engineering designs in accordance with project times and budgets
- Conducting feasibility studies and site inspections
- Mentoring junior staff and assisting in developing the team
- Ensuring technical work and design calculations are of the highest standard
- Collaborating across disciplines to deliver a complete solution to a project
- Assisting with continuous improvement of the technical capacity of the business
To be successful you will display -
Why join Cardno?
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent with approximately 10 years' experience
- Obtained (or in the process of obtaining) Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Experience within a consulting environment, delivering a wide range of projects
- Demonstrated success in winning and securing work through effective business development
- A palette of structural materials including concrete, steel, masonry and timber
- Familiarity with the current Australian design codes, including but not limited to AS1170, AS3600, AS3700 and AS4100.
- Familiarity with the analysis, design, reporting and presentation tools such as Spacegass, Microstran, Structural Toolkit, RAPT, RAM Concept, Inducta (RCB, SLB, PTD and RCC), ETABS, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Highly developed client relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills to liaise with the team, senior management and external stakeholders to produce commercial, client focused outcomes
- Business acumen to financially manage your own projects
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
www.cardno. com/careersCardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.