Australia - Western Australia, PerthJob Summary
Following multiple recent project wins and growth of an already strong business pipeline, we are looking to expand our Building Structures team. You will be working on some of the most challenging and exciting projects around the country with world leading technical experts. These projects include various high profile sectors such as health, education and government transport mega- projects.
The role is based in modern and contemporary offices overlooking the river in the central Perth, where AECOM provides a vibrant and productive environment offering accelerated career development and mentoring as well as social and wellbeing opportunities.
You will be working with driven professionals across various end-markets who are passionate, smart, creative, and curious, and also proud to be part of a company that is dedicated to delivering a better world.
This Senior Structural Engineer role is ideal for professionals with strong technical backgrounds who are looking for the next step in their career and have an interest in developing detailed design solutions and being responsible for the delivery of a range of exciting structural engineering projects. The person appointed will be responsible for the technical, timely and successful budgetary delivery of these projects, taking full ownership of the small project life cycle.Minimum Requirements
Your roles and duties will include, but not be limited to:
Preferred QualificationsAbout You:
- Provide technical structural engineering design
- Carry out general engineering duties to ensure quality and systems/process requirements are achieved
- Project ownership from the conceptual stage
- Undertake site inspections and prepare reports
- Documentation and full scheme development
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement
Benefits at AECOM
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the structural engineering field
- An innovative mindset comfortable in a relatively autonomous role
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical design documentation
- Driven to continuously develop skills
- Exceptional levels of written and oral communication
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
What We Offer
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts and more
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Study assistance
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - StructuralBusiness Line
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.