Are you looking for a challenging, interesting and rewarding step in your career?
Clough has been awarded the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) scope for the Waitsia Stage 2 development in the northern Perth Basin, near the town of Dongara approximately 350km north of Perth and 65km south of Geraldton in Western Australia. The Waitsia Stage 2 project includes a new 250 TJ/day gas processing plant with a 20-year life-cycle that will convey gas via the nearby Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the team! In this role you will effectively provide engineering and construction design support for Clough's Waitsia project. This role will be full time for approximately 3 to 6 months
The Senior Structural Engineer will assist the Project Engineering Team to provide quality structural design in accordance with applicable standards, project technical requirements, project budget and schedule.
See where your ambition, ideas, and skills can take you. Bring your perspective to our projects.
Who we are
We are a pioneering engineering and construction company established in 1919 in Perth, Western Australia. Clough delivers sustainable high performing assets for the infrastructure, resources and energy industries underpinned by a dedication to problem solving and getting the job done safely and efficiently.
Today, we manage a global workforce of over 2000 people from operating centres across Australia, Asia Pacific, UK, and North America that strive for the best in everything, setting new safety and performance benchmarks every single day.
Who you are
Courageous. Motivated. Curious. Passionate. Creative. These are just a few words that describe you.
Your focus will include:
- Work with a team of multi-discipline engineers on multiple concurrent projects across the entire life cycle from concept, FEED, tender, detailed design and construction support phases
- Facilitate the development of new ideas, methods and innovative designs through the application value engineering skills in order to improve the company's marketability, efficiency and profitability
- Participate in hazard and constructability workshops and undertake design reviews to ensure safety in design and fit for purpose
- Promote the Company vision and mission objectives in the provision of structural engineering design services, including the enhancement and maintenance of our engineering skills and technology base
- Mentor junior engineers
What you will bring to the team:
- A tertiary university degree in civil engineering
- Extensive hands-on design experience (10+ years) in resource projects in both brownfield and greenfield environment in Australia
- Advanced skills in Space Gass including the plate element modelling and analysis
- Experience in RAM Connections and Idea StatiCa software would be highly desirable
- Experience in the marine projects and temporary works design would be advantageous
- Strong technical capability and report writing skills
Clough's people enjoy:
- Exposure to a range of projects and industries across our global operations
- A supportive team culture and environment
- Flexibility to manage work and lifestyle commitments
We're building a diverse workforce
We know that our people are our best assets. Each and every person harnesses a wealth of individual experience that contributes to our capabilities and the strength of the solutions we provide. To us, workplace diversity means creating an inclusive environment that accepts every person, embraces their differences, and provides opportunities for all to achieve their full potential.
We are approaching a monumental pipeline of projects, so if you're driven and keen, join us!
Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed for shortlisting. Should your application be shortlisted we will contact you for interviewing.
Please note: Clough reserves the right to commence the shortlisting process for this role immediately and the right to remove the advertisement before the closing date. Agency submissions will not be considered for this position.