Australia - Queensland, TownsvilleJob Summary
AECOM (NYSE: ACM) is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, construction, environmental and energy. With over 56,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves.
AECOM's Resources and Industrial team is looking for a highly driven Senior or Principal Engineer to join our multidisciplinary Townsville team. As a valued member of our team you will provide technical leadership in structural engineering design and lead a range of projects across heavy industry, civil infrastructure and resources structures, including; bridges, water, underground/aboveground mining, and a variety of industrial structures.The Role
The role of Senior/Principal Structural Engineer is ideal for a proven Senior Engineer with a diverse structural engineering background in consulting who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary environment with engineers, drafters and designers at varying levels of experience.
This opportunity will see you lead projects in a progressive technical role exposing you to a diverse project portfolio and working in partnership with a range of clients in Mining, Industrial, Transport, Defence and Water projects, while mentoring junior and graduate engineers across exciting and challenging projects.Minimum Requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or similar;
- RPEQ accreditation;
- Recent proven technical experience in a Structural Engineering consultancy environment;
- A passion to deliver projects in Design and provide clients with solutions, while working collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary specialist teams;
- Demonstrable proven experience in leading structural design, with confidence in structural design software, such as SPACEGASS;
- Experience working on bridge-related infrastructure - highly regarded;
- Proven background and diverse experience in structural design and verification;
- Demonstrable experience in construction phase technical support, bridge inspections and structural assessment;
- Capability of leading projects and operating across multidiscipline project teams while managing project cost, budget, timeline and deliverables.
Benefits at AECOM
- Prior demonstrable experience in Strand 7, advantageous but not essential.
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home and job share options;
- Work-from-home equipment packages and assistance;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM and in the absence of a signed Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - StructuralBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.