Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team in Perth, Western Australia as part of it's Operations APAC (West) business. This is an initial 12 month contract and anticipated to be an ongoing requirement.
Wood "Operations" delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. Wood enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers with operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
As a experienced Electrical Engineer you will be reporting directly to the Lead Electrical Engineer and working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery.
Taking the lead on some of the world's most technically challenging brownfields Oil & Gas projects for the Electrical Engineering group, you will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities... Skills / Qualifications
Suitably qualified in Electrical Engineering from a recognised institution, ideally you will have a minimum of 7+ years of proven experience in the Offshore and Onshore LNG, O&G brownfields engineering EPCM sector in Australia You must have full Australian work rights to be considered for this role.
In addition, you will have:
What will set you apart will be your proven experience and relevant knowledge:
- Engineering office design experience including power generation, power distribution (MV & LV), equipment specification (i.e. Power Transformers, MV & LV motors and drives, MV & LV switchgear, cabling, lighting, earthing)
- Extensive design knowledge of applicable codes and standards (both international and Australian)
- Proven experience managing risk during the design process consistent with technical and commercial requirements
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience in client facing roles
- Be prepared to undertake site visits either onshore / offshore
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- A" solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
- ETAP software
- Power system analysis
- Hazardous area design (& inspection) competency (EEHA)
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrows solutions to the worlds most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. If you are a Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer looking for your next project - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc. com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.